Thursday, July 28, 2011

England Day 47: A day of emotions

Thursday was definitely a day of emotions. It started off well with a great blitz. We moved into our clubs and the cheer club had an amazing rehearsal. We were performing later in the day for Dessert Fest. Dessert Fest is a chance for parents to come and see their kids perform songs and skits that the counselors usually perform during the week. The kids will perform them and then desserts will be served after. It will be fun. By the end of cheer practice, I felt like they knew what they were doing. It was definitely nice to see them working hard and practicing with such integrity.

After cheer club, we hand lunch and break. It is always nice to have a little break in the middle of the day to collect ourselves and get ready for the afternoon of activities. When we got back, we had crazy afternoon of Dessert Fest practice. Carlie led most of it until she had to leave and then I took over. It was definitely crazy and hard to keep the kids quiet but we got through it.

After practice we had free choice until the performance. All the parents and kids piled into the gym and we got ready to start. The little kids performed first and it was super cute if not a little sloppy. But it was still so adorable. The middle aged kids went next and had an amazing skit. We then had the preteen go and perform. After they were done, the cheer club got to show off what they practiced. It went so well. I was so proud of them for working so hard. I had to step in and hold up one of the signs since we had someone that had to leave early. It was so much fun! Then the kids went to Room 3 with their parents and devoured desserts. I was surprised that I got any. There was only a few things left over. But it was so much fun and we had an amazing time getting the kids hyped up for it and practicing.

We cleaned up the room and headed home after dessert fest and when I got back, I had another package from home along with a few other girls. Apparently Brittany had emailed our families and asked them to send homesick packages and we'd have a homesick party. It was such a nice surprise and I couldn't wait to open it. We went one at a time and opened our packages. When it got to me, I was so excited. I opened it to find a ton of stuff from home. I got a few stuffed animals that were from my room, a coloring book, some snacks, pictures of the family and a princess book. I also got a deck of cards from the Quicks. So nice of them and I definitely can't wait to play cards with them when I get home. I also got a lovely card from Bev, a very nice lady from my dad's work that always calls down to my dad when I come visit him at work. I feel like I visit her more than I do my dad. She's just so nice and always gives me a hug and smile when I walk in the office. :)

After everyone had opened their packages, I went back to my box and pulled the princess book out again. When I first saw it, I thought it was really corny. Then I saw that it said recordable and I was confused. So I opened it to the first page and heard my family's voices. Well, then I started crying. All the girls gathered around and wanted to listen to it. I tried to close it because I didn't want to keep crying in front of them but we kept on listening. It was the best present ever. It was my parents and brother reading this Disney Princess book out loud to me and adding fun comments to it. It was definitely a great book, even if they did make me cry. I was doing so well being away and I hadn't cried once until I got the package. It was ridiculous, but I loved it. :)

After we opened our packages, we made pizza and then started working on posters. We had a lot of great posters and had lots of fun making them as always. After posters, I finally finished my programming for my week. It was so nice to have that all done and finished. After this hectic and emotional day, it was off to bed.

Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment