Sunday, July 3, 2011

England Day 19: Poster Making

Today was a pretty fast moving day. Had a fun blitz. Lots of fun activities and games for the kids to play. In Patriotic Club, the kids got to watch An American Tail. I haven't seen the movie in forever. It was so much fun to watch. I love that movie. During rotating activities I had to run the activity by myself. It was lots of fun though. The kids really enjoyed the two games we played. They played People to People which was where the kids had to find a partner and had to match one body part to another. So I'd say a head to a knee and one kid would have to put their head on someone's knee. It was definitely a funny game. :) They also played frogger where someone was the detective and had to figure out who was killing people. The frogger would stick their tongue out at people and they would die. They liked that game too.


After rotating activities, we had free play and then closing. Most of the day was so hectic that it went by really fast. When we got home, we practiced songs for blitz and started making posters for next week. Since next week is Underwater Sea Exploration week, I really wanted to make a Little Mermaid and Flounder poster. They said that would be cool because they needed another one. I got really excited and I pulled out my two little mermaid shirts and started to draw. I made an outline Ariel and Flounder and than had some girls paint a little and mix colors for the rest. It looks amazing! Everyone really likes it. I can't believe that I drew the whole thing by myself and painted most of it. I was just so excited! The kids are really gonna like it.












After poster making it was time for bed since we would have a long day tomorrow of work and travel to SCOTLAND!

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment