Thursday, July 21, 2011

England Day 39: Duck Pond

Wednesday was a pretty good day. We preformed our blitz and moved on to clubs. Clubs were a lot of fun. Exploration club got to walk to the Duck Pond. The kids really enjoyed it. We walked on base to the duck pond and had the kids look at nature and try to find things they recognized. We then had them walk around and pick a few leaves, flowers, and plants to bring back and put in their exploration journals. We quickly gathered some of nature and headed back to the program center.

When we got back, it was time for lunch and then I headed to open rec. I did the usual; played pool, watched kids play video games, and walked around outside. Pretty uneventful, although I did witness young love. A boy ran up and gave a girl a hug goodbye while all of her friends were watching. So cute. Lol. During open rec I got a banana with a note attached to it that said, "Don't spilt after closing. Meet me in the diner after camp." I was so confused as to who it came from. I had no idea what was going on. So after open rec I walked to find the other counselor and all of them had one. When we walked to the diner after closing, we found our group leader Brittany had bought stuff to make banana splits! It was such a nice surprise and definitely a nice treat. :)

When we got back to the dorm, we made dinner and put in the seventh Harry Potter part 1! I had only seen it once so it was nice to get a refresher. It is such an amazing movie. I have loved all the movies and I am quite sad that it will be ending. We are going to see the last one on Sunday in London. Excited, but at the same time sad.

After the movie, I did a little programming and then headed off to bed. We have another long work day so I had to get some sleep.

Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment