Monday, July 11, 2011

England Day 27: Cream the counselor and London travels

Friday was the start of a really great weekend. We had our usually blitz with a fun skit. We went into our clubs and I had to work in the free play area because we were short a few people. Lots of field trips and such. I had a fun time though and got to teach some kids how to make friendship bracelets.

After that we had lunch and then moved on to rotating activities. I played a fun low active game with the kids called Detective. One child would stand with their eyes closed against the wall while I would pick another child to be "missing." They would hide and then the detective would come back and try to figure out who was missing. It was a fun game and the kids really enjoyed it.

After rotating activities we had free choice and then closing blitz. For the last two weeks I have not been creamed. Well it finally happened this week. One of the girls from my group, Carlie, told the kids they should all cream me. Only one of them did and three others creamed her because they said I was too nice to cream and that they wanted to get Carlie for trying to tell them to get me. Serves her right! :) Carlie and I have a love/hate relationship. We mostly like to pick on each other and be sarcastic all the time. Definitely makes life in England interesting. I'd be pretty bored with her being here to pick on. :)










When the creaming was over, we cleaned up and got ready to catch a train to LONDON! This time we caught a later train so that we would be sure to catch it. We made our train and had a nice easy trip down to London. When we got to King's Cross, we hopped on the tube to Marble Arch where Carlie's parents were staying. They are amazing people! They remind me of my parents. Very kind and easy going. Love to have fun and I felt very protected with them. It was nice to have a mom and a dad for the weekend. They traveled everywhere with us. They thought they were cramping our style but I didn't mind at all. I rather liked having them with us.










When we met up with her parents, we headed to our reservation at the Icebar of London. We had heard that every year they change the sculptures and carvings in the car and that they are spectacular. So we went on a forty minute reserved stay and got to see the beautiful carvings. Everything was made of ice, even the glasses. It was extraordinary.










After that, we headed back to Carlie's parents hotel to get our bags and go to our hotel, which was about a 30 minute train ride from them. On the train, we were trying to figure out where our hotel would be from the station and a girl sitting by us told us we should get a taxi because apparently the train station we would get off at was a bad area. So she gave us a number to call for a taxi. I'm so glad she did. We would not have been able to find the hotel and it was definitely a scary neighborhood off the train station.The hotel itself was awesome and cheap. The part of the hotel we stayed in seemed like it was newly refurbished and so cute. Very modern and cute.

When we were all settled and changed for bed, we finally went to bed around 130. Definitely a long day and knew it was an early morning so we needed our rest. Couldn't wait to explore London the next day. :)

Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment