Wednesday, July 6, 2011

England Day 23: Fourth of July... In England.... Ironic much?

Today I work up to a lovely Fourth of July morning in England and I though to myself, how ironic. I'm celebrating Independence from the country I'm celebrating it in. lol. Nana even emailed me and said that I had to remember the 4th of July is our celebration for independence from England, play it cool, they still might be sensitive. I just laughed. She's so funny. :)

We woke up at 930 and watched the third Harry Potter. It was nice to sleep in and have a relaxing morning watching a movie and enjoying breakfast. After the movie, we all got ready for working the Fourth of July celebration at Feltwell base. We had to work in the kids zone from 1-9 operating the blow up bouncy houses and face painting. It was a lot of fun. I got to work the rock wall during the day and it felt like I was back at Camp Shalom. Definitely made me miss everyone from Camp Shalom. But it was a lot of fun thinking back on the memories.










I also had a lot of fun face painting but towards the end of the night, the line got so long and kids just kept coming. We were starting to close down the rest of the kid zone but the face painting station was still open so all of the kids were coming to us. I had to painting so many things. I got a lot of the same Fourth of July requests but I got some like a unicorn or a monster. Yea. Cause I can draw that. NOT. lol.

After cleaning up the kid zone, we walked back to our dorm to change and head back to the festival. It was so nice having the Fourth celebration on Feltwell base since that's where our dorm is. We work on Lakenheath base which is 15 minutes away. Definitely nice to just walk a few minutes to the festival.

We went back and walked around and met up with some of the staff from the youth center. We got to talk with them for a while and then we headed over to get funnel cakes. Holy cow was the line long, but everyone said they were worth it. We stood in line for over an HOUR! Who waits in line that long for fried dough? Apparently the crazy Camp Adventure staff. lol. :) We just really wanted to get it so we stuck it out. But it wasn't too bad waiting in line. We got to watch the fireworks from line and they were right above us. We also got to have some heart to heart about life back home, family, and boys. Definitely a great chance for all of us to get to know each other more. I felt a lot closer to the girls after that. :)

After we got our funnel cakes, we walked around the festival some more to see what else there was to do and so we could eat our funnel cakes. The funnel cakes were definitely worth the wait but it was hard to eat the whole thing. There was just so much of it. lol.










When we were done with our funnel cakes, we walked back to our dorm and got ready for bed. I finished a few blogs, fixed my mermaid poster, and then went to bed. Definitely a fun night. I was sad to not be with my family since I'm with them every year for the Fourth but I was able to make closer relationships with the girls and I am happy I'm here. These girls are truly amazing and I love them all lots. :)

Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment