Thursday, July 7, 2011

England Day 25: Night at the BX

Wednesday was a pretty good day. I was a little bummed that I wasn't able to go on the field trip but I ended up having a fun day at the youth center. We did blitz and then went into clubs. I got to help kids learn how to make friendship bracelets. It was definitely fun teaching them how to make them since I used to make them all the time when I was little. It brought me back to times when I would make bracelets in car rides on trips or during study halls. It was always so much fun.

After string club, I went into room 2 with some of the kids from room 3 to have lunch since room 3 was pretty crowded. We had burritos for lunch and then had quiet time. Camp A was then called on their lunch break so we went to work in the cafe. While we were sitting there, Mr. Gary came up and started talking to us. We talked the whole lunch away. He wanted to know about our trip to Scotland and where we planned on going next. He then went on to help us try to find tickets for Harry Potter. It was definitely a fun lunch break.

When lunch was over, we went into rotating activities, which didn't get to rotate today because so many kids were gone. So we just set up the same craft in two rooms and made sea headbands. They were really cute. They looked like fishies.

We then had snack and then the kids had free choice. I was stationed outside where the weather was really nice and then turned to freezing winds. It's right what they say; England can have four seasons in one day. It could be so pretty outside, then really hot, then really cold. It is ridiculous. One of the girls on the youth center staff was making fun of me and saying, "This is England's summer." I did not like the sudden change in weather. Especially when I had to stay outside for an hour and a half. Ugh. lol

After free choice, we went to our closing blitz and then got ready for a night on the town (aka the BX on base). Our group decided to stay on Lakenheath base on go to the pizza place that was known so amazing pizza. It was a lot of fun to just relax and have a night out away from Feltwell dorms. We had a wonderful pizza and then headed over to the BX, which is like a small Wal-Mart. We did a little shopping, mailed cards, and went to get a taxi. We had to call for a taxi and it took about 45 minutes but we just hung out until it showed up. The taxi ride was fun. Our driver was really chatty and made us laugh the whole way home.

When we got back, I wrote some blogs and then watched Cars before going to bed. It was definitely a nice night and I enjoyed spending time with the girls.

Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment