Tuesday, July 26, 2011

England Day 45: Tuck and Roll

Tuesday was also very hectic. I came to camp thinking I was going on a field trip in the morning only to find out it had been switched to the afternoon. So I wasn't prepared for blitz and had to learn the order of the songs quickly and get ready to walk out in about 5 minutes. It was craziness! I also had to practice a skit that we call Midget skit and perform it right after blitz. Also crazy! It was really funny though. One person was behind another and put their arms through the person in front so it looked like their arms on another body. Then they had to perform morning rituals like brushing hair and waking up and brushing teeth. It was so funny.

After a crazy blitz, we went to our Clubs. The kids did a lot better in Cheer Club then the day before. They were learning the steps quickly and starting to straighten their arms. I am having a lot of fun in that club and think the kids are too. We went to lunch after cheer club and then I was able to go to the BX and shop a little. I had a few things I needed to get during our break.

On the way back, I saw the kids and leaders had already started walking for their field trip to the bowling alley so I had to hop out of the car and catch up with them. I thought I was gonna have to tuck and roll to get out but she slowed down enough. lol. :) Brandy forgot they were leaving earlier then when I'd get back from break but it was alright. I had a lot of fun bowling with the kids and had a nice walk back.

When I got back, I worked in the gym and played a couple games with the kids before closing. We sang a few closing songs and then headed out for the commissary. I got all my groceries and headed back to the car to go home.I had a lovely dinner and after the hectic day, I was in a grumpyish mood so I put in the movie that always makes me laugh: Tommy Boy! Definitely love that movie and it can always put a smile on my face. When that was over, we decided to watch Cars before heading to bed. But after the crazy day I couldn't stay up for the whole movie so I went to bed about halfway through.

Definitely a crazy day and I hope the rest of the week turns out to be a little less chaotic.

Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment