Thursday, July 7, 2011

England Day 26: Sea Life Field Trip

Today was a long day. I got to go on the Sea Life field trip since I wasn't able to go yesterday and because the girls that were scheduled for today had to run the tennis camp. I got to go on the trip with the preteens and 7-8 year olds. I had to watch a group of 7-8 year olds on the trip since their group leader wasn't working today. I had 9 kids in my group and got along with them really well. We loaded up the bus and headed the hour and a half to the Sea Life exhibit.

On the bus, I got to pull out my bag of tricks and put it to good use. My bag of tricks is a bag full of things to do when kids get bored or on long trips. I had a bunch of activity pads, crayons, card games, and other games for the kids to do while on the bus. They really enjoyed it and it made the trip seem short. While they were playing with the bag of tricks, I was reading on my nook the book Pride and Prejudice. I just started it and I am in love with it. I loved the movie and I love the book even more. It's so good.

When we finally got to the exhibit, we grabbed lunch and then headed in. It was a small places but it definitely had a lot of interesting things. There were lots of fish, a shark tank, penguins, and seals. The seals were my favorite. This place rescues seals that have been abandoned by their mothers and then are nursed back to health before being taken back to the sea. The had three little seals, only a few weeks old. They were so gosh darn cute! I just wanted to take one home.

After touring the exhibits, we had to wait an hour for a talk from a guy in the discovery area so I pulled out m bag of tricks until he was ready. We then got to learn a lot about starfish and different types of crabs. The kids really enjoyed it because they were able to touch all of the creatures. I really liked learning all the interesting facts and seeing the kids reactions to the different animals they got to touch.

When our discovery session was over, we headed back to the bus to head home. I went back to reading my book and let the kids play with the bag but most of them fell asleep on the way home. It was a longer trip back because we got stuck in Brandon. There was a train station that had 2 or 3 trains coming through so we had to wait for them. The driver finally decided to go around the long way. We ended up getting back around 5. Definitely a long day.

We drove back to Feltwell and had interesting conversations. We then had dinner and got ready to paint posters for next weeks theme. We made some sweet poster with Harry Potter and magic on them. They look sweet. I then had to look up train information for our trip to LONDON this weekend, since I am now the "Train Lady." It's so funny because we all have names now. Brittany is Lady Mama Bear, because she takes care of us. Alix is the Hotel Lady, because she finds all the hotels and hostels. Carlie is Lady Expectations, because she always make up the 10 expectations for the week. Maryanne is Lady Chatter or Lady Friendly because she is always talking to new people every time we turn around. Shekka is Lady Shopper or Photographer, but she doesn't like those names. We only gave them to her because she 1. loves to shop and 2. takes photos of herself all the time. :) I like the nicknames.

After finding train information, I finished my blogs and then packed. Now heading off to bed. Have to be well rested for my upcoming weekend in LONDON! So excited!

Cheerio!


No comments:

Post a Comment