Thursday, August 11, 2011

England Day 61: Last poster making day


I've posted about 4 blogs today (8/16) for last weeks stuff. I'm still behind by slowly catching up so work with me. lol.

I can’t believe in one week from today it will be my last day working with the kids. It’s so sad to think about and exciting since I will be going home. This Thursday was a fun day with the kids. We had to wake up early because I had to go on the field trip today with the preteen at 8 in the morning and we had to have a meeting with the flight chief before that. When we got to the youth center, we sat with the on benches in the lobby and had the flight chief and Mr. Gary talk to us. The flight chief presented us with a special coin from the base. It was truly amazing. Only a select few people get the special coins. We were truly honored. It was amazing.

After the coins, I got ready to go on the field trip to the swimming pool with the preteeners. It was a pretty good morning. We went to an indoor swimming pool and the kids had to do a lot of swim test stuff. It was mostly like a swim lesson the whole time which was kind of a bummer. I wish the kids would have had more time to play in the pool. They only got about 20 minutes of free time. Quite a bummer.

When we were done swimming, we went to the park across the street and had lunch and free play time. I had a lot of fun with the kids besides the fact that one child kept copying everything thing I did even though I told her to stop multiple times. She kept laughing like I was joking with her but I definitely was not. I was getting so frustrated. She later thought that I hated her because I was stern with her about the copying thing. I definitely did not hate her but told her that when she does thing that I don’t like and when I ask her to stop and she doesn’t, it makes me very frustrated and I don’t like it. Sometimes kids just push the wrong buttons sometimes. Ugh.

When we got back from the field trip, I was in preteen for rotating activities but we just had free time in there since it was raining. It was a really good day until the girl I’ve talked about before, S, came in and was picking on me like she always does. Normally it doesn’t bother me because she’s like a little sister to me and I am always messing with her too but today was not a good day. She thought it would be funny to kick me in the stomach. Not so funny. It hurt so bad. I got really upset with her and did the childish thing of ignoring her the rest of the day. I guess I didn’t really see her the rest of the day so I wasn’t really ignoring her but I was definitely upset about it.

After free time, we had closing and then headed home. We had our Thursday meeting and then started our LAST poster painting. It was so sad but also a relief since we wouldn’t have to make posters again. Lol. We had a lot of fun in the hall making posters and also came up with the idea to make a cd of all the songs that reminded us of our summer together. So we started coming up with a playlist and laughed the whole night. It was so much fun. We plan on making the cds on our last Thursday when we have our slumber party. It’s going to be so much fun!

After the posters were complete, we headed off to bed to prepare for our last Friday of the summer, since we will have the next Friday off. Woot!

Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment