Wednesday, August 3, 2011

England Day 53: Reminiscing of old times

Wednesday was another day like any other. We got to work and performed blitz. We talked to the kids about the blitz off again to make sure they were still pumped. They definitely are. They want to show King's Camp all they've got. We practiced the interlude again and made sure the kids knew the songs.

After blitz we headed to our clubs. I had to work by myself because Alix was working King's Camp but it went really well. We made Earth Dirt Cake. Pudding. Oreos. Whipped Cream. It was amazing! The kids definitely loved it too. It reminded me of when I was in elementary school when I would bring them every year for my birthday. All the kids loved them and I loved making them. So much fun. :)

When cooking club was over, we had lunch and then our break. We went to the BX on our break to get a few things. While we were there, we saw a guy painting with oil paintings. I think those paintings are so amazing and I really want to learn how to do them.

When we got back from the BX, I got to do my favorite rotating activity, color relief. It's where you draw on paper with a white crayon and then paint over it with water colors. It looks really cool and the kids had a lot of fun with it. At first they were concerned because they couldn't see their drawings but I told them the pictures would show up when they painted over them. They liked it a lot.

After rotating activities, we had free time and then closing. We pumped them up again about blitz off and then headed home. It was another relaxing night at home. Worked on some homework, watched movies and then headed to bed. Great day overall. :)

Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment