Tuesday, August 2, 2011

England Day 52: The Interlude has made it to England!

Tuesday was definitely a fun day at camp. At blitz, we announced to Camp A that the King's Camp had challenged us to a blitz off and that we were going to be practicing the songs that they had been singing all week. Piece of cake. :) During blitz, we sang the songs that we would be singing and then did the interlude dance! That's right. We brought the interlude to England! The kids loved it and we said we were going to teach them the dance to show to the King's Camp kids. Camp A was super pumped about it.

After blitz, we headed to our clubs. We had a fun activity planned for the kids and they loved it. We had them make art out of vegetables and fruit. They loved that I told them to play with their food. They made some really great pictures and I was really impressed with their artwork.

We then had lunch and break before heading into our afternoon of rotating activities. I got to be in charge of teaching the interlude! Perfect for me since I went to the school where it originated. I told all the kids the back story of it and how a few guys from the dorm I lived in made it up and now the whole school does it at every sports event. It's so much fun. And the kids here really loved it. Glad we got to teach them something new.

During freetime, I got to hang out with S again. I told her she is the little sister I never had. She's always copying me, hitting me, poking me, and such. It drives me crazy but I can't help laughing about it sometimes. She's such a booger. We then went to closing and talked more about the blitz off. The kids are so excited for it so I hope we win! :)

After closing, we went to the commissary to get our food for the next week and then headed home. It was a nice relaxing evening at home. I got to work on a few more blogs and tried to get caught up. We also watched a few movies and then I was off to bed.

Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment