Monday, August 8, 2011

England Day 58: My week of programming!

This week's theme is Incredible Interstellar Mars Space Race. This was my week of programming. It was so much fun programming and I couldn't wait to see it put into play. I had a lot of cool new activities that I knew the kids would like so I couldn’t wait to get started on my week. We started off with blitz, of course. I then joke to tell the joke of the day and call of clubs.

I got to work in helping hands club this week. I planned this club along with writing and culture club. I thought they would be fun clubs this week. Not only did I like the idea of a helping hands club but so did the kids. It is the biggest club we’ve ever had! In helping hands club today, we walked around the youth center and neighborhood collecting trash. The kids got so into it. It was like they were on a trash Easter egg hunt. I was so proud of them for wanting to make the world a little cleaner.

After helping hands club, I got to go on lunch ad break. It was relaxing as always. When I got back, I got to run a craft for rotating activities with Carlie. We got to make alien puppets with the kids. It was so much fun and I made a really cool one. Lol.

After rotating activities, I got to spend time with the kids during free time. I really enjoy the free time with the kids because I always get to do something new and interesting with them. I also feel like I learn so much about the kids and get to know them better. I thought I would have a few kids that were my favorites when the summer was over but every day I learn more about another kid and I love them more. By the end of summer, I will want to take all of them home with me. Lol.

When free time was over, we had closing before heading home for the day. When we got back, we had our usually meeting and made pizza for dinner. We usually make pizza once a week and get the same kind but this week we got just pepperoni pizza. This kind did not agree with me. My stomach was upset all night. Ugh.

While I was still in the day room, Maryanne had gone to bed but had come back in. Apparently she had heard the mouse in her room! Her room is next to mine! I was freaking out and hoped the little bugger wouldn’t go to my room. A little later, we heard it in the kitchen in one of the kitchen drawers. Either there was more than one mouse or this thing moves fast. Either way, I was disgusted. Lol

When I finally went to bed, it wasn’t the mouse that was keeping me up. I could not fall asleep because my stomach hurt so badly. That pizza had made me feel so sick and I just couldn’t shake the feeling. But I finally got to sleep after tossing and turning. Definitely needed to get to bed.

Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment