Monday, August 1, 2011

England Day 51: I know another camp did not just come up on our turf. Oh heck no!!! :)

This week at camp our theme was Wacky Wild West Shenanigans. I'm not sure who comes up with the themes but they have the craziest names! :) Also this week at camp, ANOTHER camp is taking over the gym and outside areas for their camp, King's Fitness Camp. It's a week long program for kids outside of the youth program that want to have fun with fitness for a week. It would be a great camp if it weren't up on our turf. lol. Just Kidding! They are actually a really great camp and seem to run their camp really well. I think they would be a lot of fun to hang out with and learn from.

We went outside to do blitz for the morning and then headed to our clubs. I got to run cooking club with Alix this week. We went over the expectations for cooking club and also made Fruit Smoothies.The kids really enjoyed them and we had a lot of fun making them. When cooking club was over, we had lunch and went on break.

When we got back from break, I worked a rotating activity where the kids got to make sheriff badges. The kids really enjoyed making them and wrote their names on them and everything. It was super cute. It would have been nice if the kids listened when I asked them to clean up and when I give instructions to the kids. That doesn't really happen that often. lol.

During free time, I got to hang out with a new friend, S. She is so funny sometimes and I feel like she just copies me or pokes me because she wants to drive me up a wall. She is a super sweet girl though. I hope to get to know her more. I spent some of the time outside playing and watching the kids before getting them ready for closing. We had a great closing before heading home.

When we got home, we had our Monday meeting and then did major cleaning. We also decided to set up another trap since we couldn't catch the mouse. It worked well because we caught the mouse about ten minutes later. :) So glad. It made our day! After catching the moue, I started working on my blogs since, if you couldn't tell, I'm very far behind. But hopefully I will get caught up this week. :)

Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment