Tuesday, August 9, 2011

England Day 59: Who put extra sugar in the kids breakfast and lunch today?! Not ok!

Tuesday was a hard day at the youth center. Blitz wasn’t going so well because the kids were not listening at all. We had to stop in the middle of our blitz and talk to the kids about respect and listening. It was so rude. We were up there singing songs for them to get them excited for the day and they were talking through the whole thing. It was ridiculous.

After blitz, I went to helping hands club. The whole group of preteeners had to join our group because there weren’t enough group leader outside to be in ratio so they were sent in. I was glad they joined the group. I think they enjoyed it as well. We wrote letters to deployed soldiers, hospice kids, and youth center staff. It was so great to see the kids working so hard to write letters that were really nice. It was so great. The cards were so cute too!

Then I went on lunch and break as usually. I always get so much done during my break. I’m either getting my activity ready for the day, working on homework, or writing postcards. It’s such a nice break in the middle of the day to distress and get ready for the afternoon. When I got back from break, I did coffee filter drawings with the kids. We had them make the planets on coffee filters with markers and then we sprayed them with a little water. They looked so neat after that. The colors expanded and blended together to make really cool designs. So neat!

After that, we had snack and free time. I got to hang out with the kids again before going to closing. Closing was just as terrible as blitz. The kids were not listening again so we had to have the talk again. I don’t know what was up with the kids today but they were off the walls and not wanting to listen at all.

After closing, we went to the commissary for the last time! So sad. We decided to get all the food this week that we would need so we wouldn’t have to buy any more next week and waste it. We then headed home and had a nice relaxing night. I worked on my blogs and the we watched a movie. Then I was off to bed.

Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment